Job Posting - Info Centre / Special Events Coordinators
The role of the Info Centre/Special Events Coordinator is to maximize the economic benefits of tourism by promoting tourism products and services. Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer, you will be responsible for the effective delivery of travel information to visitors that use the Visitor Information Centre services and all duties associated with the operation of the Visitor Information Centre. You will also work with other Village staff to plan and coordinate events and programs throughout the summer months.
- Welcome visitors and answer questions, provide information specific to British Columbia and surrounding regions with an emphasis on Granisle & Babine Lake areas.
- Encourage visitors to explore and stay in Granisle/region through products, services, attractions and activities.
- Perform administrative tasks such as internet research, effectively deal with phone inquiries, update reference material, and prepare mailing.
- This position will be expected to promote and organize the Canada Day Events as well as Granisle Days.
- Plan, promote & organize special events and programs in the Park under the direction of the Village Office i.e. community markets, yoga in the park, crafts in the park, etc.
- This position will be expected to participate in the development of marketing/promotional information development for Granisle i.e. Update & develop brochures
- Oversee the New Beach Campground & washroom; collecting camping fees, maintaining cleanliness & supplies at washroom
- Responsible for maintaining cleanliness & supplies at Copperview Park Washrooms
- Order & sell merchandise; handle cash, credit, debit transactions; maintain stock levels (while working within APPROVED BUDGET)
- Weekly visits to local campgrounds to promote summer activities, programs & services
- Extensive knowledge of British Columbia and surrounding regions with an emphasis on Granisle, Babine Lake & HWY 118 area
- Self-motivated, demonstrates initiative, team player also ability to work alone.
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts including weekdays, weekends and holidays.
- Good working knowledge of computers, specifically word, internet search engines and social media.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Time management skills are an asset —ability to meet deadlines
- Inventory management and administrative skills.
- Valid BC Driver's License
- Be able to work flexible hours; weekend work will be required —This includes the time commitment from May 1, 2018 to September 9, 2018***
Employment: May 1, 2018 to September 9, 2018.
Applications will be received at the Village of Granisle Office until no later than 4:00 p.m. (focal time) Monday, April 9th, 2018. Interested persons should direct all queries and applications to: Sharon Smith, Chief Administrative Officer, Village of Granisle Office.