Job Posting - Better At Home Housekeeper
Granisle Better at Home
Better at Home supports older adults to remain independent at home, stay within their community and stay socially connected. Through this program, seniors have access to a range of home support services such as housekeeping, snow removal, transportation to local communities, yard work and friendly visits. Better at Home is a non-profit organization which receives funding from the provincial government and is managed by the United Way. Our employees enjoy a flexible work schedule and the satisfaction of improving the lives of seniors living in our community.
We are seeking an experienced and dependable housekeeper. Applicants must demonstrate they can provide excellent service to older adults and can establish and maintain professional appropriate relationships with clients. This is a part time position with flexible hours based on the needs of the clients and your schedule. The housekeeper works under the direction of the Better at Home Program Coordinator. Key responsibilities include:
- Cleaning floors: vacuuming and mopping.
- Cleaning washrooms.
- Cleaning kitchens and dishes.
- Other cleaning projects approved by the Program Coordinator.
Successful candidates will have:
- Experience with residential cleaning.
- Experience working with older adults.
- Knowledge of cleaning supplies, cleaning equipment and practices.
- Ability to communicate professionally and respectfully with older adults.
- Good listening skills.
- Able to work unsupervised.
- Physical stamina and mobility including the ability to reach, kneel and bend.
- Undergo a criminal record check.
- Willingness to maintain confidentiality.
How to apply
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements for the position to email@example.com. Resumes may also be dropped off at the Granisle Community Health Clinic. For more information and full job description, visit Wendy Curtis, Program Coordinator, at the Granisle Community Health Clinic.