Choose to Move
Making a change to become more active can be tougher than it seems. It’s hard to do alone and without support. Through Choose to Move you will receive support from an activity coach to motivate and guide you in becoming more physically active and ultimately healthy.
Choose to Move will help to introduce the habit of physical activity into your daily life in ways that make sense for you. Choose to Move is free and flexible and provides you with motivation and support to become more active. In Choose to Move, you receive both individual and group support. You will work with a trained activity coach to develop and stick to a physical activity plan made just for you. You choose activities that you know you will enjoy and are able to do. You will also join a group of other Choose to Movers to share success and challenges.
With the help of your activity coach and support group, you will find the motivation and accountability you need to achieve your goals.
- One-on-One Consultation – an opportunity to work with your activity coach to develop an action plan for physical activity.
- Group Meetings – an opportunity to connect with others in the program and learn about topics related to a healthy lifestyle e.g. healthy weight management, nutrition, physical activity, fall prevention and home safety.
- Check Ins – monthly phone calls with the activity coach to provide continued motivation and to support you reaching your physical and health related goals.
- Age 60+
- Not regularly active
- Physically and mentally able to commit to a physical activity program.
- Able to commit to a 6 month program
- Interested in becoming more physically active and changing your lifestyle.
Choose to Move is not:
- It is not a regular group fitness program.
- It is not a structured personal training program but a program that provides you with motivation and resources to build more physical activity into your daily routine.
The next 6 month program will start in March 2019. Keep an eye out for posters with more information.